- Maximum pressure adjustment from 10 to 40 cmH2O
- Unidirectional valve
- No risk of rebreathing;
- No risk of airway circuit closure (common situation in duckbill valves);
- In cardiopulmonary resuscitation, the internal lung pressure does not rises significantly during compression;
- When attached to a adult reanimator, allows the usage of it in any size of patient, requiring only the setup of the adequate pressure.
Using VAP with a self-inflating bag
The usage of a self-inflating bag in an emergency situation, the control of the pressure applied to the patient is an important and complex aspect. In this context, VAPpet can be used to limit pressure to the set value, protecting the patient from clinical implications caused by excessive pressure (e.g. barotrauma).
Indications for Use
VAPpet must be assembled in a way that the connection identified as “PATIENT” is connected to the patient’s mask or tube, and that the other connection is connected to the equipment (ventilators/reanimators/flux generators).
To set up the maximum inspiration pressure, turn the control button on the top of the valve to the desired pressure (10 to 40 cmH2O).
Warnings and precautions
- Double check if the valve is clean and sterilized.
- Autoclave at 121°C.
- It is recommended to replace the diaphragm each 30 sterilization cycles or after 6 months of usage.
|Leaflet VAP and VUP (pt-br)
|High resolution images
The content of this section is under development.
|Maximum pressure adjustment
||10 to 40 cmH2O
||93.5 mm x 95.5 mm x 35.0 mm